Camping pods are insulated huts which are designed to be just like tents but they are timber built. They usually come in arch shape, making them impressively attractive and also easy blending into the landscape and the eye as well. They eliminate struggles of erecting a tent when you go camping and they offer so many other benefits, especially when compared to the normal camping tents. The pods can vary in size, but they usually sleep four campers who wish to enjoy some luxury and enjoy security during their camping trips as well. There are so many reasons why you should consider getting a camping pod instead of a tent and they include the following.
1. Pods eliminate the wind flapping and whip that is common with tents. This means that you will enjoy your sleep without constantly being woken.
2. When you have a pod, you are guaranteed to have a dry place to camp regardless of whether the weather decides to be damp. Considering that pods are already set up, you will only need to move in when you get to the camping site.
3. Pods offer lots of security and privacy. You no longer have to worry about your valuable even when you go away to explore the camping grounds since you can lock them up. Pods come complete with lockable doors and windows for such convenience.
4. They offer decking area when you can chill out, sunbath and eat. You will just love the comfort pods have to offer as long as you select the right one for the kind of experience you wish to enjoy during your camping trip.
5. Most of the pods are insulated hence you are able to remain comfortably effortlessly whether it is summer or winter. You do not have to pack too many things to keep warm when headed out for a camp in a pod.
Choosing a pod
Pod manufacturers can design a bespoke pod just for you. You can also find ready made pods to choose from to take care of your camping needs. Just like buying any other item, there are things that you should always consider when choosing camping pods.
Size – Since most are arch sized, you may not have much of an option with the shape, but you can definitely decide on the size. When looking at the size always remember head room and floor area. Your pod should be sizeable enough to accommodate your camping needs in terms of the number of people you take for such trips.
Lighting – Most will of course come complete with lighting, but it helps to find out in advance what lighting is made available to you.
Ventilation and insulation – They are important factors that play a role in how comfortable you remain in any kind of weather.
Price – The quality of your pod and features too can determine the price that you pay for them. Go through your options and select a pod that you can afford and love too.